Saturday, July 12, 2003

Jews and flying

And now I get someone searching for "jew jennifer aniston", while another person asks for "coupling and sofer". I dunno what's up with the Jewish search thing.

I had a hell of a time trying to book flights from Houston to Las Vegas to Detroit to Houston later this month. Since Continental has a hub in Houston and Northwest has a hub in Detroit, and Continental and Northwest have a code-sharing deal, you'd think that it would be easy to book direct flights on all three legs. Well, if you thought that, you'd be wrong. I can go Houston to Vegas or Detroit to Houston direct on CO, or Vegas to Detroit direct on NW, but I can't combine those three direct legs. NW wants me to go through Minneapolis, Cleveland, or Houston on the way from Vegas to Detroit. Or, if I take that one direct, I have to have connections on the other two legs (like Houston to Las Vegas via Salt Lake City, or Detroit to Houston via Orlando). Shit like this is why people dislike the airlines, they piss us off.

If only real life were like The Amazing Race, where I had this magic credit card that I could take to the airport and ask for the first available flight, price be damned.

No comments: