Thursday, August 14, 2003

"You Say It's Your Birthday ... It's My Birthday Too, Yeah"

Beatles, "Birthday Blues"

I should have posted something yesterday, it was my birthday. I celebrated by going out to Oriental Gourmet (aka "Modang Food", because they have mo' dang food than you can eat) for Chinese food and sushi. My fortune cookie told me "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" (a quote borrowed from but not attributed to Gen. George S. Patton). It also told me my lucky numbers were 1, 6, 8, 32, 34, and 40, and that "zhe shi mian-fei ma?" means "is it free (no charge)?". I was hoping for something like "You will win the $20,000,000 jackpot next time you go to Las Vegas" but apparently someone else got that one. I couldn't even add the phrase "in bed" to the end of the fortune, that just makes no sense.

When you're in your 30's, you're at the age where you don't really want people to make a big deal about your birthday. But you're still secretly glad when someone does.

No comments: