Monday, June 23, 2003

So a bunch of cow-orkers (among whom is Linda) were having a discussion at lunch recently about that episode of Friends in which Ross reveals the names on The List (that is, the list of celebrities who your significant other would allow you to sleep with, given the highly implausible likelihood of you ever meeting), one of whom was Isabella Rosselini. But darn it, he just took her off the list because of the geographic improbability of meeting her, and wouldn't you know it, she walks into the coffee shop, and now he can't sleep with her because she's not on the list any more. Wacky hijinx ensued.


In this situation, I have an advantage in not having to ask my SO whether or not I can have a List, that being I don't have an SO. Thus if I meet Sandra Bullock, for example, I don't have to have anyone's prior permission to sleep with her. So it all works out.


It's tough enough coming up with five celebrities and then ranking them, so I'll choose as many as I need to and list them alphabetically. That way, if one of them sees this, they won't be upset that they're not number 1 on the List, which would certainly hurt my chances of getting to sleep with them.


My top 11 (as of today), in alphabetical order:


  1. Jennifer Aniston
  2. Halle Berry (closest to my age - born one day after me)
  3. Sandra Bullock
  4. Jennifer Connelly
  5. Sherilyn Fenn
  6. Katie Holmes (the youngest on my list, born 1978)
  7. Nicole Kidman
  8. Meg Ryan
  9. Rena Sofer (and she's Jewish, too!)
  10. Sarah Silverman (another Jew!)
  11. Lea Thompson (the oldest on my list, born 5/1961)


But just to be on the safe side, I won't laminate my list, in case I need to add more names.

Oh, and yeah, like Jennifer Aniston is going to dump Brad Pitt for me. Hell, I've got a better chance at Nicole Kidman dumping Tom Cruise for me....

No comments: